Welcome to the website of this regional project to increase rice production in 13 West African countries by introducing, adapting and scaling up the System of Rice Intensification – commonly known as SRI. This 2.5-year project started in January 2014, and is part of the West Africa Agricultural Productivity Program (WAAPP) – with financing from the World Bank and administration by CORAF / WECARD.
SRI sites are spread out across major rice production zones throughout the SRI-WAAPP 13 country project area. (Please note that not all project sites are currently shown on the map.)
Use the navigation menu at the top to:
- Find out more about the project
- Learn about what SRI is
- Find the latest news from around the region
- Learn what’s happening in your country
- Access project documents, such as technical manuals, reports, etc.
- Find a wide variety of resources that will help you implement and adapt SRI to your local conditions!
This website is updated on a regular basis, so check back often for new information, and if you have suggestions for content to add, please let us know!
To get in touch with us, or to get involved, please fill out the form here.