As the official technical partner for the project, Cornell University’s SRI International Network and Resources Center (SRI-Rice), based in Ithaca, NY, USA, is responsible for conducting periodic support visits to countries throughout the project region. In late February and early March SRI-Rice Director of Programs Dr. Erika Styger traveled to Liberia to gain a better understanding of the state of SRI there, and give counsel to WAAPP and rice sector officials.
Highlights from Dr. Styger’s trip include:
- Meetings with: CHAP; WAAPP Liberia; USAID’s FED project; SAPEC; IFAD; the Farmer’s Union Network (FUN); the Ministry of Agriculture and the Agricultural Coordination Committee;
- Field trip to CARI research station;
- Visit to BRAC field station
- Presentation to the Agricultural Coordination Committee;
- SRI field visit with USAID’s FED project
- Consultation with CHAP field staff on the design of their SRI project
- SRI training for CHAP field agents
A full list of SRI-Rice support trips and their reports are posted on the Project Documents page. The full report of this support trip is also available here.