From August 4th to August 10th project participants from around the region came to Kpalimé, Togo, for the first in-depth training of trainers and technical exchange.
Split into two groups – one francophone, one anglophone – the workshop aimed to foster stronger regional connections, knowledge sharing, and to deepen technical capacity and knowledge in each country.
- Field visits to see local SRI plots and a lowland rainfed management project promoted by AfricaRice
- Identification of mechanization constraints and opportunities, and creation of a regional mechanization roadmap
- Sharing of pedagogical best practices
- Development of new communications tools
- Establishment of a common technical knowledge and understanding of SRI principles across different agroecosystems and rice production systems
- Preparation of national SRI maps, detailing project activities and proposed project target zones
- Updating of annual country plans
More information on the workshop will be available in the report, which will be posted shortly on the Project Documents page.